Friday, June 26, 2009

New Blog

I've pretty much decided this is going to be the new place for the Loaded Gun Chasing Blog. The flormat is a lot better than all the others we've tried. You can do more, it looks better, you can add additional information so it's a bigger resource to our viewers, etc. It's all around a good deal and that is my whole reason for doing this. I didn't know anybody when I started storm chasing. I had to learn everything on my own and it sucked. I want to make sure I'm doing my part to help out the people who are getting started to be sucessful, so I'll share my forecast and reasoning openly. I get it wrong a lot too though lol so you may want to check out some other blogs. Nah, I was happy with my forecasting in a few ways this year, but this was by far the worst tornado year I could ever imagine and I bet you it will be the worst one of my life.

Anyways, we are going to begin working on this page and once it is complete we will shut down our other blog and redirect traffic over here.

By the way. I got extremely lucky and picked a sponsor who makes hands down the best amps and antennas out there. Wilson Electronics just took me on their team about a month ago and I couldn't be happier to work with them. There will be plenty of information about there products that apply to us as chasers to, because if you are going to chase any farther than twenty miles from home, you're going to need an amplipher and Wilson is hands down the best at it. I'm sure you think I'm saying thay because they sponsor me, but I actually have a Cyfre amp (long story) and Wilson easily out performed it and he even crazier thing is the Cyfre was a direct connect meaning it plugs right in to the phone or aircard you are using (it's supposed to give you a stronger signal vs. going with the wireless option like most of us do). I drove on the turnpike from Wichita to Topeka on my Verizon phone and aircard and maintained 4or5 bars the whole way. I did work on the internet the entire time and it was awesome. Believe it or not this is my first year having internet access in the car so I really do get pumped about this. I used to just use XM and then stop in towns and search for wifi, which cost you a lot of time and you'll miss several tornadoes because of it.

When you are getting into chasing here is kind of the list of equipment you ought to get ... weather radio, cellular phone, laptop computer, aircard or tether through your cell phone for internet access on your laptop. You'll find you will be confined to a very small area where you get service though. It takes a couple bars at least to get internet access, so without a doubt next on the list is an amp and Wilson is where to go for that. Contact me and tell me your situation and I will forward you on to the experts. And by the way I in no way get commissions for what I sell and I would never represent a company I didn't fully believe in. In storm chasing I can think of two companies I would rep right now and that's Wilson and Baron Mobile Threatnet. Any other company could offer me whatever and I'd tell them to pound sand. My integrity is not for sale.

Back to the topic at hand. The blog is moving here, which is primarily forecasting, but we are starting our first official year of chase tours this year after running a beta test this year so we may have to write the forecasts slightly different than we did before, like maybe dumb it down a little bit since the average person doesn't know all the acronymns used in meteorology. Other than that it will all be the same plus a lot of extras that will make it a great site, so please check back for updates

No comments:

Post a Comment