Monday, July 20, 2009

Chasing Today


We ran out chasing at the last second today and got on the storm southeast of Kingman. I don't have any of my equipment hooked up or ready so the only thing I took was my blackberry, the weather radio and I grabbed the laptop and gps for mapping software and navigating.

I met up with Eric and his brother in Goddard and hit the road.


Somebody reported a tornado with the storm and I don't know the exact times, but I think it was literally minutes before we got on the storm. It was high based all afternoon and had a small updraft base. It was pretty skinny and the outflow was whipping the inflow. It wasn't the long horse show outflow wins kind of storm, but you could easily tell the outflow was getting the better part of that storm. There was a really good long lasting gustnado that I got a couple pics of, one of which is at the top of the page.
After that I knew the base was way too high and the storm was way too outlfow dominant for it to be able to tornado befored dark so we called it a day and headed home. Not bad for a get your pants pulled down last minute run out the dor chase. I didn't even know SPC had us in a slight risk today lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment