Sunday, July 19, 2009

Starting to Post Again

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I'm planning on getting it going again. We are coming up on hurricane season which is typically best in August and September in the Atlantic basin. I will try to get my hurricane page going on my website, which was actually pretty nice when it was working. It had all the information you needed at a glance for short term forecasting and information on any tropical cyclone in the Atlantic, but I haven't been able to work on my website for a couple months now.

My new home pc I got for video editing and storage is Vista 64 bit and isn't compatible with Yahoo sitbuilder software. My old laptop that I used to use for working on my website is doing much better. It is on its last leg and I really don't want to screw with it because right now it still works really well for a back up chasing computer because all the software, aircards, and gps units play nice on there and it works good in the field. I don't want to ruin it screwing around with my website because I absolutely have to have a back up computer on the road. Even when I did use that laptop for working on my laptop I still had problems and it would do crazy shit. That has vista 32 bit.

I'm hoping windows 7 may help or that some how I'll stumble across an answer to my problems. Right now I have plenty of other tasks to focus on.

Anyway, I will start posint on hurricane outlooks this week and updates on how our storm chasing tour business is coming along. It is really tough to try to start a buniness like that from scratch. I really need a private investor that would offerme some special terms, but the two words "storm" and "chasing" put together scare off insurance agnts, investors and everybody else that you need to create a functioning business. People are scared of what they don't understand and these people are so ignorant when it comes to these storms that you couldn't even exagerate it enough.
I took my car in for a claim for the softball hail we got into and the guy saw my storm chasing tours advertisements stickers on the car and went into his rant on how they weren't going to cover this. He was telling me how we "drive straight into storms" and get hit by hail all the time. I wanted to slap him and say, listen fucker, this is my 9nth season chasing and I've been hit by hail twice. Once on purpose and this one on accident. The other time I got hit it was small hail so I didn't care. A good chaser knows how to stay out of the hail. He kept going into the "storms can do anything speech to me". I got so tired of listening to him. I just wanted to get the hell out of there or again I would have said, who do you think knows better and more about these storms and how they behave, you, a guy that looks at cars with hail damage or me who hase gone out forecasted and watched the actual storms from up close for 9 years. Now shut your pie hole. I hate dealing with some insurance companies. That is what I get for using Geico. That is quickly changing and I'm going to use state farm where I have a local rep I can go in and talk to. You may pay a tad more, but you get way better coverage and they won't wiggle and shake trying to get out of paying for claims when something happens. No wonder Geico has so much mony for advertising.

Back to the topic at hand. If you care to read the blog check back. I will probably take a look at the models and the Atlantic tomorrow and post my first forecast. BTW I can't really forecast tropical cyclones so I kind of just rip everybody else's forecasts off and tweak them a bit lol. You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment