Friday, July 3, 2009

I just briefly went over the forecast and would scoot south just a bit from where my previous target was. For tornado potential I like the area from Concordia over to Phillipsburg, Stockton and the Norton area. Basically right in that corridor north of I70. There is already a nice cu field going up out there. They could have issued a watch already for all I know. I'm just sitting on the computer drinking coffee. I slept in pretty late. I stayed up until almost 5am working on the computer so I didn't get up until 1. Now I got a bunch of stuff to do so I better jump in the shower and get going.
I think you have a decent shot at a tornado and if I didn't have all my equipment shut down or had one of my friends here to drive I'd probably be out there, but that isn't the case. The latest spring tornado I ever got before was on July 3rd also, so it feels like a lucky day to me. with the shear and CAPE setups I think we will see a couple weak tornadoes today. You might even get some good looking ones that make them appear stronger than they really are, which will really piss me off lol. Nah good luck to everybody going out.
If you need any nowcasting help I will help if I can, but I won't be home until later this afternoon. I'll have my blackberry with me though so I can always check things on there. Just email me if you need a little help mikey@loadedgunchasing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment