Friday, August 14, 2009

Hurricane Next Week

It is looking very likely that the low pressure system over the eastern atlantic will become a hurricane in the next few days. The GFS has been very consistent in strengthening this hurricane right before it makes landfall with the windward islands or Peurto Rico. I have done literally no forecasting yet aside from looking at the GFS, so I may be out to lunch on this deal. I am going to forecast as soon as I get home from work this afternoon though so I will post later on this. If if does become a strong hurricane and is going to hit the US I will do everything I can to make sure I'm there. I could really go for a good hurricane after several slow years in a row. My Xterra is currently in the shop getting the hail damage fixed from when I got pounded in Oregon, Missouri, but it is supposed to be done the beginning of the week so I should be back in action just in time if we do get a strong hurricane. I will post again in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment